Weatherwood Exterior Waterproofer is your best choice for all exterior Weatherwood stained projects. Exterior Waterproofer can be applied to raw, reclaimed, barn and Weatherwood stained wood. The Waterproofer actually penetrates into the wood and encapsulates wood fibers and forms a water barrier.
- Mix product well. Apply when air temperature is above 40F. Do not apply in rain or before rain. In warm weather, do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Use a brush, roller, flood system, or spray gun to drench the wood with Exterior Waterproofer and allow the wood to air dry. Apply to all wood surfaces, including ends. Do not wipe it back off.
- Apply 2 successive coats to ensure wood is completely covered. When first applied, the topcoat will look wet. (See below.)
- In 60 minutes the topcoat will be dry. It will be completely invisible and will not affect the look of Weatherwood stained wood.
- Product should be reapplied every 4-5 years. When water stops beading on the wood, it should be reapplied.